29 Jan 2016 00:00:00
Happy Chinese New Year!
Whether you have friends and relatives visiting or looking for things to do with the family there's plenty to see and do in Sydney for Chinese New Year.
From 5th February until 14th February SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and Madame Tussauds Sydney will have extended opening hours to celebrate Chinese New Year. They will be open 9:30am - 8pm, with last entry at 7pm.
SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Feed the fish on a Glass Bottom Boat ride! Operating every 30 minutes, the Glass Bottom Boat ride is a fun and unique behind-the-scenes experience at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium.
- Audio guides are now available in Chinese, Korean and Mandarin, providing guests with their own personal tour of SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium. The guides cost $5 and are available at admissions.
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- Celebrate the Year of the Monkey by having an encounter with Australia's version - the koala! They may be a bit sleepier than monkeys but they love their trees and are very fluffy and cute.
- Special monkey colouring-in sheets will be available in Outback Adventurers Café for all kids (big and small!) to enjoy. Take the masterpiece home or let us add it to our wall!
Madame Tussauds Sydney
- Have a selfie with Jackie Chan and see how you measure up against Yao Ming at Madame Tussauds Sydney. Then shake it off with Taylor Swift and pose with legendary Aussie conservationist Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter'.
- Commemorate Chinese New Year with a wax hand souvenir made in Chinese New Year colours!
Sydney Tower Eye
- Make a New Year wish at the Sydney Tower Eye on a special Year of the Monkey wishing wall, then have your name written in gorgeous Chinese calligraphy by our professional guest calligraphers!
- Special Lion Dancing performances will be occurring on the Observation Deck on Saturday 6th and Sunday 14th February at 6:00pm and Sunday 7th and Saturday 13th February at 12:00pm.
Share this with your friends: