$48at the door
$38.40Adult From (Child $28.00)
- Price includes a Digi Photo pass giving you Unlimited Digital Photos!
- Book in advance to save 20%
- Book a date and time to guarantee entry
26 Feb 2019 13:43:04
We've all heard of the Great Barrier Reef, but how much do you really know about it? Do you think you could pass a primary school test about the Great Barrier Reef? Take this quiz to see if you are as smart as a fifth grader!
1. The Great Barrier Reef can be found off the coast of which state?
2. True or false, the Great Barrier Reef is the largest reef system in the world?
3. How many islands does the GBR have?
3. Sea turtles love coming to the reef to breed but, how many species do this?
4. There are many, many generations of both living and dead coral that form the huge walls of the reef. Do you know how old the oldest pieces could be?
a) 10 million years
b) 15 million years
c) 20 million years
d) 25 million years
5. Spawning season is when the corals get busy reproducing and is a magnificent phenomenon that looks like an underwater snowstorm when it happens. In what month does spawning season usually happen?
6. Cook’s Passage was the route that Captain Cook took through the reef to get back out to open seas after being forced to go ashore to make repairs to his ship but, what year did this happen?
7. What are the biggest threats to the reef?
a) Climate change
b) Coral Bleaching
d) All of the above
8. The reef is so big it can be seen from space. It is the same size as Japan or Italy, or the equivalent of how many million football fields?
9. The reef is arguably the most beautiful natural wonder of the ocean, but it is also home to some of the ocean’s deadliest animals, true or false?
11. How long have jellyfish been in the ocean for?
12. What part of a jellyfish pulse to give them movement through the water?
13. True or false, jellies are related to coral and anemones?
14. Are they warm or cold blooded?
15. Where do sea turtles bury their eggs to keep them warm and away from predators?
16. Do sea turtles have big flippers or webbed feet to help them swim through water?
How did you go? Did you pass the test? Are you smarter than a fifth grader?
You can learn all about the Great Barrier Reef here at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium in the ALL NEW Day and Night on the Reef Exhibit!
$66at the door
$56.80ADULT FROM (CHILD $46.40)